- Technology is constant change. Technology has flourished over the years and today, we can proudly claim that we are part of the digitalization era.
- EduTech is an amalgamation of technology and education that is almost too good to be true. In order to improve the quality and effectiveness of education, technology has been integrated with education.
- To carry out learning activities, many advanced technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence and Virtual Reality or Machine Learning, are being used. While human intervention isn't totally stopped, it has been reduced to increase technology that is actually proving useful.
- In the next few decades, school management software will likely see more changes and upheavals. Although it's difficult to predict how quickly these changes will occur, it is possible to predict which areas school software will be most affected.
- These are my 8 predictions about the future of school management software. They are based on the most important needs of students and teachers over the next few decades.
Technology and E-Learning Platforms: The Latest Advancements
- In the 1960s, E-learning made its first tentative steps. Its flexibility and convenience for both students and teachers were evident when a growing number of internet users searched for online courses and platforms that could provide them with the same skills and knowledge as traditional classrooms. Future e-learning school management software will offer more options and advanced features.
- E-learning apps, a type of school management software, are easier to use and more creative. E-learning apps may be more mobile-friendly than long courses. E-learning ERPs' content will have to be adapted to short attention spans. This means that there will be more visuals than text and more emotive themes. There will also need to be a greater emphasis on virtual immersive learning. Finally, there will be gamification of modules and problems to engage e-learners.
- Modern teaching methods require that learning modules are personalized in order to make learning meaningful, fun, and effective. Future school management software will take personalization to the next level. Personalization will not be an exception to teaching strategy. It will become the rule and founding principle of school software. An intelligent school management software should have the ability to provide specific and focused solutions for students given the amount of data that is available about them, including their preferences, thoughts, convictions, and choices.
- Therefore, the software of tomorrow will reflect the context and diversity of users. It would be an anomaly for school software to not reflect this diversity, especially with distance learning becoming more popular and students becoming more diverse. Future school management software must reflect multi-cultural and psychosocial sensibilities or at least be sensitive to context and respectful of differences in order to be properly understood and implemented.
- Teachers will not be satisfied with the statement "My dog ate all my homework". Cloud computing is hot right now and will likely continue to revolutionize education. The city of Zhuji, Zhejiang has placed over 6,000 cloud computing terminals in 118 schools in an effort to modernize China's education system via school management software.
- Students may only need an electronic device in the future classroom to access their homework and other learning resources via the Cloud. This means that you won't have to lug heavy textbooks to school and can access your reading materials whenever you have an Internet connection.
- Students will be able to access their homework and projects from anywhere at any time. Even when the campus library has closed, the digital library can still be accessed. You can actually skip the ride to campus, to the bookstore, or even to class. However, being sick might not be an excuse to miss class.
- A LEGO set is a great gift for your 10-year-old. A 3D printer that is specifically designed for children would be a great gift. A 3D printer is a necessity for classrooms. The future classroom will allow students to print 3D models that can be used for show-and-tell, as well as other purposes.
- To help students perfect their designs before creating a prototype, the 3D printer creates working models. 3D printing, in conjunction with CAD (computer-aided designing) modeling software, allows students to freely experiment with their designs without spending a lot of money or time.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- AI is one of the most exciting technologies. It has many applications in all fields, especially education. AI is a tool that automates tasks and reduces manual labor.
- Facial recognition
- These features are used to verify the identity and eligibility of the candidate before the exam begins. The system scans the candidate's face and compares it with the one stored in the system. This prevents identity fraud when taking an online exam.
- Voice recognition
- This feature can capture sounds and voices coming from the background of the candidate. Even the smallest sounds, such as whispering or flipping pages, can be captured by this feature.
- Object detection
- This feature can also detect if the candidate has used any electronic objects. It can detect suspicious movements.
- This feature greatly reduces human effort. Chatbots are used to communicate with people in the same way as humans. They are available to help with queries 24x7. They are available to help prospective students with questions related to admission, fees, scholarship, education loans, and other related matters.
Internet of Things (IoT)
- IoT can be used for data transfer and collection via the internet. They can be programmed to function on their own, without the need for human intervention.
Monitoring of assignments
- IoT allows students to track details about assignments. It can keep track of the date and time the assignment was started and finished by the student. This information can be later compared to the class performance.
Management of attendance
- IoT integration in school management software can be used to track the digital attendance of students by using student location tracking and school bus tracking. Everyday attendance can be tracked with face detection and the chip embedded in the student's ID card.
LCD Touch Boards
- It will likely be a Samsung SUR40 to Microsoft Surface. This is a huge tablet that has an LCD screen and sits on top of a table-like structure. Students will be able to swipe across the tablet and manipulate the images, drag them around, or write notes using their onscreen keyboards.
- Imagine the possibilities for every student if they get one of these desks. These multitouch surfaces will allow students to interact live with their peers by manipulating virtual objects. This is an excellent example of how school children can use such technology.
More School Software Powered by BI
- Future demand is expected to increase for Campus Management Systems that integrate with Business Intelligence dashboards. Teachers can easily track key performance indicators, real-time metrics, and any other student data, giving them the information, they need to make informed decisions. Teachers can track attendance and study reports to help them identify the motivations of students and eliminate obstacles to learning.
- Last but not least, I want to say that School Software will be intelligent and ready for the future if they combine the best aspects of traditional learning methods and content creation with current concerns and demands. School management software has a bright future if it can combine the personal touch with the wisdom of traditional learning in its new-age software. The best school management software providers understand better than to throw away the baby with the bathwater.
The New Education Policies (NEP), which were created by the Indian government to address the growing need for EduTech in India, was declared in 2020. These policies will allow the education sector to be more practical and hands-on. The Indian government has also created a budget special for education to encourage digitalization. This will allow the country's education sector to change outdated methods and increase employment opportunities.