If you are looking for Retail Management Software, you may have so many questions. The fact that there is so much competition in this sector and selling all sorts of features can make you think about what the best for your business? Which feature can scale up your business?
Let us walk you through the features so that you can make the decision for yourself.
In today’s era, retail management software is the key to a successful business and hence it holds a larger solution to your business.
You may find it very simple when we break it down into different needs of your business like inventory management, reporting, point of sales, and customer management.
So, let’s dive in!
- Quick keys in POS (point of sales): Quick keys are the shortcuts within your point of sale software system which lets you search products when ringing up sales. This feature lies right on the sell screen so there is no need for a different screen. This shortcut is a real-time saver.
- Multiple modes of payments: Always go beyond the traditional methods like cash or credit cards and look for POS that allows you to take mobile payments instantly. If in case the customer wishes to split the payment, then this method will be helpful.
- Returns, refund, and store credit features: This is one part of your service which truly reflects the quality of your service. Consumers are attracted if you have shopping-friendly policies. To that end, you should ensure that your retail management software can support the best return policy and provide you flexible options.
- Mobile registers are unavoidable: In the digital era you can’t afford mobile registers and typically you will want to look for a cloud system with a mobile app so that you can run the retail management software on every possible device. Mobile registers are like multi-taskers as you can carry them anywhere and less weight compared to traditional desktop registers.
- Custom-facing display: A customer-facing display allows a high level of transparency in the transactions and spots errors while placing orders. Basically, the customer can see the transaction happening on a different screen. But this feature is recommended only if you have a budget or else it's not a priority.
- Product variants and composites: Look for retail management software that can help you create different variants in products. For instance, if you own a clothing store, instead of selling 5 different dresses the system should be able to record the same dress in 5 different colors.
- Bulk product imports: Retail management software that you buy should be able to upload products in bulk. Unless you have just a few items on sale, it is daunting to manually upload all your products. So, this feature can save a lot of time.
- Managing multiple user accounts and permissions: Unless you are one person managing this task, there will be chances that multiple people need to work on your registers. You will need retail management software on which you can track the sales made by each of them. This feature will ultimately help you track actions taken by your employees. This retail management software that you buy should be able to protect the password from each user.
- Hassle-free Inventory management and auto-filled orders: Your retail inventory management software should make it a snap to order more and create the stock order in the system itself. Not just creating stock, but also sending it out t the suppliers with help of the retailing software. Some businesses will also benefit from a system that can generate orders automatically through the auto-filling feature. An auto-filling feature will save you a lot of time.
- Counting Inventory & transferring of stock: Inventory counting is tedious if one must do it without a system. You need to track your entire stock and even check for loss and retail inventory management software can ease this process. Use a system that can allow you to use a scanner to count digitally. If you have more than one store, a stock transferring feature is crucial and a priority. This will help you transfer items between stores and hence you can move your stock to different locations.
The above-mentioned 10 features are the most important ones which every business owner should consider before buying retail management software. Look for the ones which are right for your store when you meet the retail management software providers. Make sure if they can provide more value to your money and guide you through the process.
The features we have discussed here are mainly the POS (Point of sales) features which will help you effortlessly manage sales, reports and manage multiple outlets.
Most of the top retail management software can provide you all these features and make it easy for you to focus on your business. Once you have the best retailing software, you can worry less about the operations and focus on the other important aspects of your business.